My last game with S&M was a reversal of the ones before;
where in many cases I luckily managed to win because the game didn’t go to
time. This time, Molly (and Sybelle and Sebastian and a pile of corpses were left
facing 4 models with 7 or less wounds between them. Molly, calm and serene as
ever, would have knocked them off of the board. But she didn’t. It was the end of the
game. S&M outschemed me and won in style, he timed his all-or-nothing perfectly. Good game S&M and Ms DuBois.
That’s what I call playing.
Until this game I felt I had “only had eyes for Sybelle”, and
that I had been playing a Molly and Sybelle list. I felt Sybelle had become a
bad habit and Molly and I really wondered who the real mistress was at times!
So this game was the first time that I took along other
Henchmen.
Sebastian hid, got me soulstones and cards from recycling my weak summoned
models, planted schemes and administered coup de grace to opponents. He cost 8
stones with “those are not ours”, but no “transfusion”. Recycling old summons
for stones and a card seems a good deal, except that it used up corpses (a
sacrifice leaves no corpse.) Transfusing poison to that stupid mechanical bird would
have instant killed it. Not taking transfusion was a mistake on my part.
Mortimer, should have done a lot more. He cost 9 stones, no
upgrade. He should have ruined Colete’s and the performer's schemes with chatty – “ Boo this show
is awful, get of the stage!!”. But he didn’t. He had a fight with the Duet.
Which he lost. Along with two punk zombies (summoned), who were also killed by
the Corphee.
Were I running score cards for the Henchwoman and Henchman
they would be:
Sybelle
Cost 8 stones.
Impact on game: Shrieked (for the blast), whipped, called
Belle and sped up those around her. She rightly had opponents on their knees
and on their backs or face to the floor. She was well worth the money. My
favourite Henchwoman. I now love her more than ever.
Sebastian
Cost 8 stones (7+1)
Impact on game: ran schemes, kept me in stones when I had drawn
4 crows in 3 hands + 4 extra draws. Finished a model. Summoned a remains. Anti
synergistic with corpse effects (I did not take any this game).
Mortimer
Cost 9 Stones
Impact on game: dropped schemes, died like a high cost
minion/costly good time. I didn’t place or use him well.
I’m going to keep running Molly as a “Molly, Sybelle and a
two belle entourage”. Look man, I am into Sybelle. That's just how it is.
Expect more Sybelle protecting Molly, more shrieking at my own models (to get
blast on other models in combat and trigger black blood attacks) more of
Sybelle just taking punishment and popping corpses. Its going to be dirty and
messy.
I will definitely use Sebastian again, perhaps in a
sustained quality summon list (aka punk zombie spam, blender, horror, black
blood spray – e.g. summon punk zombies and have them slice and dice your own
horrors to trigger black blood - but only 1" range and not 3").
Mortimer I’m going to try again. I can see that his chatty
is an auto-include for head hunter, or other situations where you can guess
where the interact will be going on. But he clearly isn’t good for
ultra-violence. Nor is he needed in a Molly-Horror/Forgotten Life list to find
corpses. There are plenty of those.
I can see potential, but he certainly isn’t my Sybelle.
From now on its BJ with Molly and Sybelle. There’s no shame
in it.

No comments:
Post a Comment