BJ with Molly, Bettie, Slapper Zombies, Sybelle, Autopsy
and Remains.
GO with Predita, her family, Papa Loco, Ostriders, death
Marshall and Nephlim
This was an unusual game, rather than a give and take it
seemed to consist of BJ putting out zombies and the Governor’s Orifice spraying
a lot of lead.
It was not the kind of game that lends itself to action
and reaction or move and counter move narrative. Instead a lot of stuff
happened. I mean a lot happened and kept happening. GO definitely won, but we
think this was about 6:5. It was very confusing. We ran out of corpse and head
markers, as well as scheme markers. The picture was taken end of turn 1 or
first bit of turn 2 at the latest.
The game went 4 turns, during which Molly summoned
Zombies, and autopsies and remains spammed schemes and the Ortega’s shot stuff.
By end of turn 4 BJ was down to Molly and an Autopsy, and had lost all
semblance of board control. GO was able to move models, break through and deny
convict labour and ultimately clean up. BJ didn’t collect enough heads because
he didn’t kill enough. GO could not collect any more heads.
GO was very patient as I more or less summoned four or
more models a turn, and looked the same rules up again and again like the noob
that I am. This was the highest number of zombies I have ever summoned, but it
was also the greatest number of turns I have yet played – so I guess I am
getting faster.
BJ felt he never really got his Belle slapper line set
up, so never really got to lure and kill stuff. GO felt that BJ also made poor
summon choices. This was true to a point, but you can only summon what there’s
the cards for. But there were certainly some poor choices – a Drowned at the
end would have got BJ convict labour for example, equally reactivating a punk
zombie or giving it an extra attack would have helped deal with the woman
herself (Predita). Instead BJ tried to swamp Predita with autopsies and
mindless zombies. Which did not work – a Mwwwhaha was probably needed by that
point. In general, BJ upping his kill count would have got him heads for VP and
cards via “Ours is the Night”. BJ’s outing of Bettie was also very
questionable; she is actually a very fragile soul – especially when Ostriders
are eating the hand. There were times when BJ should have left her buried in
her comfy closet. Ostriders were another thing GO felt BJ should have dealt
with – again the zombie slapping line could have done this.
Despite loosing it was a very fun game. I loved what was
happening on both sides of the table as the ressers tried to franticly summon
and keep at bay those gun-toting murdering, guild psychopaths. But sadly the
zombie way of life was not to prevail on this occasion. Still we pick ourselves
up – piece by piece – put the bits back in roughly the right order and shamble
on. It is what zombies do best.
I really enjoyed
setting up 20+ zombie strumpets, sailors and cowboys, so I hope Governor’s
Orifice and Predita enjoyed them going down.
If we truly read the schemes from the corpses and heads
correctly: GO 6 vs BJ 5.

No comments:
Post a Comment